Extension Design and Project Management
Skylark Surveyors specialize are experienced in ensuring a smooth and successful renovation or extension project, helping you bring your vision to life.
We are committed to ensuring a smooth and successful planning process, helping you bring your vision to life. Experience of Local Authority procedures leave us well placed to handle planning applications on our clients’ behalf.
An initial meeting to establish your ambitions and discuss what is likely to be acceptable, is followed by preparation of initial plans. Applications for modest schemes are drawn up in-house, prepared and presented in a manner which we know, from years of experience, is most likely to find favour with planning officers and committees. For more ambitious projects we prefer to draw on a range of skills, often assembling a team of specialists – highway engineers, town planners, architects – that we believe suit the demands of a particular scheme.
With plans agreed by the client and submitted, the application is followed through all stages to planning approval. When necessary, and if there is good chance of reversing a decision, we will also represent a client at a planning appeal.
Skylark Surveyors can support and advise on renovation and extension works, ensuring projects proceed smoothly and meet current regulations. Over the years, we have developed a working relationship with a number of competent builders and tradespeople, and contractors with a strong understanding of period building techniques and materials.
Our process begins with an initial meeting to establish your ambitions and discuss what is likely to be acceptable to the local planning authority. Following our initial consultation, a typical project follows the steps outlined below:
- The preparation of initial plans based on discussions with you.
- Obtaining Planning Permission, and where required, Listed Building Consent.
- Securing Building Regulation Approval, having produced all the detailed drawings needed.
- Preparing a detailed specification of the project, limiting any hidden costs throughout the project.-
- Inviting and analysing tenders from selected builders.
- Drawing up appropriate forms of contract.
- Ongoing progress monitoring through regular site visits and frequent site meetings.
- Certifying interim payments and the final payment following a detailed inspection.
Our experience covers a range of projects, including property extensions, loft conversions, garage conversions, new builds, and major refurbishments.
Our aim is to ensure that your vision for the project is brought to fruition.